Lemon has an array of health and beauty advantages! Besides, there are quite a few benefits of steaming face with lemon as well!
Lemon, with a binomial name ‘Citrus limon’, relates to the ‘Rutaceae’ group. Its fruit is used in cooking, baking, haircare, skincare, and kitchen cleaning. Furthermore, the essential oil derived from the peel of fresh lemons is utilized for various therapeutic, aromatherapy, and in face steaming sessions as well.
Lemon Nutrition Facts
100 gms of Lemons (raw, without peeled) contains
- Calories 29
- Carbohydrates 9.32 g
- Fat 0.3 g
- Protein 1.1 g
- Thiamine (B1) 0.04 mg
- Riboflavin (B2) 0.02 mg
- Niacin (B3) 0.1 mg
- Pantothenic acid (B5) 0.19 mg
- Vitamin B6 0.08 mg
- Folate (B9) 11 μg
- Choline 5.1 mg
- Vitamin C 53 mg
- Calcium 26 mg
- Iron 0.6 mg
- Magnesium 8 mg
- Manganese 0.03 mg
- Phosphorus 16 mg
- Potassium 138 mg
- Zinc 0.06 mg
- Sodium 2 mg
- Copper 0.037 mg
Benefits of Steaming Face With Lemon
Facial steaming reopens the blocked skin pores, while the lemon acts as an active ingredient. There are some benefits of steaming your face with lemon that is discussed below!
1. Possess Antioxidant Properties
The lemon essential oil is rich in antioxidant properties that prevent the loss of skin tissue and lipid peroxidation by controlling the damage caused by the free radicals. Furthermore, its a natural detox as well. Either use it topically or as an aromatherapy agent in the face steaming therapies to get its benefits.
2. Good Antimicrobial Agent
The extract of lemon peel is a good antimicrobial agent that inhibits the skin infection caused by the Pseudomonas and Micrococcus bacteria. Furthermore, it reduces acne and blackheads as well.
3. Has Astringent Effects
Lemon juice has astringent properties that shrink your open skin pores. That’s why you’ll not require any facial toner to contract the skin pores after a hot facial steaming session to avoid the deposit of dirt and grime into it.
How to Steam Your Face With Lemon?
Try the below lemon face steaming therapy at home to reap its stress-relieving benefits without any hassle!
- Four Cups of Water
- Three Drops of Lemon Essential Oil
- Juice & Peel of 1/2 Lemon
- One Large Heat Proof Mixing Bowl (Avoid the Plastic One)
- A Towel
- One Cooking Pot
- Add the juice and the peel of 1/2 lemon into a cooking pot along with four cups of water. Place the pot on the stove to simmer it for 3 to 4 minutes.
- After that, empty the solution into a large heatproof mixing bowl and mix three drops of lemon essential oil into it.
- First, clean your face and sit in a comfortable position, then place your face at the top of the bowl and cover the head using a towel. Maintain a suitable gap to avoid any skin burning sensation.
- Take this mist for about 2 to 3 minutes, then cleanse your face with lukewarm water.
- Use this method at home, once a week, to utilize its immense skin benefits.
- Before taking a facial steaming therapy at home, use a moisturizer if you’ve dry or sensitive skin.
By reading the above benefits of steaming face with lemon, you’ll get to know why it’s important for your skin’s health in today’s fast-paced life.