Baby oil has a plenitude of benefits not only for skin but for hair as well. Read on this comprehensive article to know Does Baby Oil Expire?
What Is Baby Oil?
Baby oil is a cosmetic product based on mineral or vegetable oil. It’s a popular moisturizer to hydrate dry and itchy skin. Furthermore, baby oil is also included in the hair care regime because of its strands strengthening and nourishing properties.
Does Baby Oil Expire?
Baby oil can expire like the other commercially available cosmetic products in the market. To find out its expiration date, see the details printed at the bottom side or back of the product. The most popular brand of US Johnson & Johnson’s baby oil has a shelf life of 3 years if properly preserved at room temperature.
Benefits Of Baby Oil
Apply baby oil regularly to get the most of its benefits. But it’s important to test its application on an inconspicuous part of the body to see if you have any allergic reaction to it or not!
- Moisturizes Strands
- Enhances Hair Strength
- Calms Itchy Scalp
- Provides Smooth Hair
- Eliminates Lice
- Excellent Skin Moisturizer
- Soothes Itchy & Flaky Skin
- Heals Cracked Heels
- Maintains Cuticle Health
- Avoid applying baby oil around the eyes as it can hurt them.
- Don’t put baby oil on your face for an extended period of time as it can clog your skin. Apply it only when you are exposed to dirt and direct sunlight for a longer period of time. It’s recommended to wash it off within 24 hours of usage.
- Do not use baby oil on any open wounds or burns.
Baby Oil Uses
Baby oil has numerous uses in our day to day activities. Below are some of its applications that we bet you never knew!
- For Cuticle Care – Baby oil can make your cuticles soft. For this, apply baby oil on the nail’s cuticle with a cotton ball before going to bed.
- Remove Latex Paint From the Skin – Saturate a cotton ball with baby oil and rub it gently on the paint-covered body part for a few minutes.
- As a Massage Oil – Baby oil improves the skin texture of newborns if massaged routinely.
- Excellent Makeup Remover – You can easily remove your makeup using baby oil. All you have to do is to pour a few drops of baby oil onto the cotton pad, then rub it gently to wipe out the facial makeup.
- Silences the Squeaky Door – Baby oil can eliminate the noise of a squeaky door. Pouring a few drops of it on the hinges will do the trick.
We hope after reading the above article, you will know about the expiration date and different aspects of baby oil. Besides, try these 19 life-saving rosemary essential oil uses to get the most out of its benefits!