Here’s a simple trick on how to get rid of bruises with mouthwash to cure any bruise, no matter the cause! Here’s everything you need to know!
The standard healing period of bruises is two weeks. But don’t worry, below, we’ll tell you how to reduce their appearance with mouthwash simply and effectively!
What Is a Bruise?
Before knowing everything about how to get rid of bruises with mouthwash, first, it’s essential to know, what is a bruise? A bruise alternatively is known as ecchymosis and contusion. It’s a blemish that appears when the tiny underlying veins get rupture due to any outside injury, causing bleeding under the skin, which eventually results in blood clots. Bruise causes discoloration of the skin that tends to change in different colors during its life cycle.
What Causes Bruising?
A bruise can be caused by a sudden outside impact or when a person’s blood veins and the skin weaken as they age. However, some people are prone to bruising due to medical or any other specific conditions, which are:
- Pulled Muscle
- Certain Medications & Steroids
- Vitamin Deficiencies
- Sports Injuries
- Ankle Sprain
How to Prevent Bruising?
It’s challenging to stop bruises from happening, but you can implement some measures in your daily activities to prevent their occurrence!
- Always wear protective gear, such as a shoulder or knee pad, while doing any kind of sports activities.
- Install your furniture at a suitable distance from doors and pathways.
- Take extra care of yourself if you’re old.
How to Get Rid of Bruises With Mouthwash?
Mouthwash has antiseptic qualities, making it an ideal solution for many household needs. Bruises fade away within two weeks; however, you can accelerate this process by trying the below mouthwash remedy!
- Take any brand of mouthwash and pour a sufficient amount of it onto your palm.
- Then, massage it onto your bruises evenly with your fingertips for a few seconds.
- Now, take a cotton swab and rub it gently onto the affected area, around a minute or so.
- Once you’re done, wash it with lots of water, followed by a moisturizer.
- Redo this process, thrice a week, to notice the results.
- While trying the above hack, you will feel a little bit of a tingling sensation, which is normal.
- Don’t use the above remedy frequently, as the mouthwash can cause dry and irritated skin.
- Make sure to try this technique on an inconspicuous part of your body, to see its adverse effects.
A bruise is not a significant problem but causes discoloration, that not looks quite good. Besides, if you want to remove a hickey – a kind of bruise, then this remedy is for you!