If you’re wondering- Does Windex kill fruit flies, you’re at the right place! Find the answer and some recipes to kill fruit flies in this article.
Windex is a glass and hard surface cleaning solution. However, it has a multitude of uses in various home remedies. If you believe or have a question in mind that whether it can kill pesky little creatures like fruit flies or not, then keep reading!
Does Windex Kill Fruit Flies?
Windex is not a robust solution to kill fruit flies. However, when you spray it on fruit flies, they become unable to fly and fall, then you squash them for good. This method is not practically possible and consumes a lot of time, as you have to spray on each one of them individually.
How to Get Rid of Fruit Flies?
As know you now, Windex does not kill fruit flies. Yet don’t worry, you can try the below ways to get rid of them without using any harmful chemical-filled products!
1. DIY Homemade Fruit Flies Trap
By using this hack, you can attract fruit flies to get into the trap and eventually fall into the solution.
- 1/2 Cup of Vinegar
- A Squirt of Dish Soap
- Mason Jar
- Plastic Wrap
- Rubber Band
- Combine a squirt of dish soap and 1/2 cup of vinegar into a mason jar.
- Now, cover the mouth of the jar with a transparent plastic wrap and seal it with a rubber band.
- Then, make a few tiny holes into the plastic wrap on the top of the mason jar, with a toothpick.
- Place it where the fruit flies tend to accumulate.
2. DIY Essential Oil Fruit Flies Repellent
Try the below homemade fruit flies spray, enriched with the astounding repellent properties of lemongrass essential oil.
- 15-20 Drops of Lemongrass Essential Oil
- 1/2 Cup of Lukewarm water
- Mixing Bowl
- Empty Spray Bottle
- Small Funnel
- Add 15-20 drops of lemongrass essential oil, along with 1/2 cup of warm water, into a mixing bowl and stir them well.
- Now, pour the mixture into the empty spray bottle, using a small funnel, and shake well.
- Spritz this solution around your doors, windows, kitchen countertop, refrigerator, and walls.
- Redo this process, twice a day, to keep fruit flies at bay.
How to Prevent Fruit Flies in the Future?
Try the below measures to prevent the fruit flies’ infestation in your home before they invade the place.
- Always store fruits and vegetables in the refrigerator.
- Do not leave dishes in the sink and any type of eatable items on the countertop.
- If you put fruits lying in the open, cover them adequately.
- Clean your kitchen trash can regularly.
- Cover all your home entrances with screens to prevent their invasion.
- Clean the kitchen sink and garbage disposal unit properly.
After reading the above article, you will know that Windex is an absolute failure. However, you can use the above non-toxic homemade remedies to get rid of the fruit flies. Try & let us know your experiences by commenting below.