Are you afraid of the venomous reptiles? Then keep reading this comprehensive article to know Does Ammonia Repel Snakes and how to deter them for good!
Disclaimer: Keep in mind to read out the notes properly, before trying any of the above methods.
If you live in an area where wandering snakes are common around your house or garden, then don’t worry about them! Just read this article till the end to learn how to deter the serpents using ammonia in no time!
What Is Ammonia?
Ammonia is a neutral gas with a distinct smell, composed of hydrogen and nitrogen. It’s a commonly manufactured and one of the most important industrial chemicals, included in many household cleaning products. Ammonia is used in the production of pesticides, synthetic fibers, and textiles as well. Furthermore, it can absorb an ample amount of heat from the surroundings, which makes ammonia an ideal coolant for refrigerators and air conditioners.
Does Ammonia Repel Snakes?
Ammonia can repel snakes because of its distinct, strong smell, which they don’t like at all. Besides this, if you are a gardening enthusiast, then grow these snake repellent plants that will surely help you out!
How to Use Ammonia to Repel Snakes?
Try the below snake deterrent techniques to keep them away from your home!
1. DIY Ammonia Snake Repellent Spray
- Two Cups of Household Ammonia
- 1/4 Cup of Water
- Empty Spray Bottle
- Mixing Bowl
- Add two cups of household ammonia, along with 1/4 cup of water into the mixing bowl, and mix them well.
- Now empty the solution into the spray bottle with the help of a funnel.
- Then spray the liquid all over the snake’s Inhabitat place or where they wander often.
2. DIY Snake Repellent Ammonia Solution
- Household Ammonia
- Rags (Old Clothes Pieces)
- Zip Lock Bags
- Large Bowl
- First, pour the household ammonia into the large bowl. Now, take some rags and soak them into the bowl for a few seconds.
- Once it’s done, insert the rags into zipper bags but don’t put on the zip lock.
- Then, place the rags around the snake holes or where they often come around.
- While using the above quick hacks, always wear protective gear such as face mask and hand gloves.
- Keep yourself, and your pets stay away from the ammonia-soaked rags. As its inhalation and consumption can cause throat, eyes, and nose irritation, respiratory problems, and even death as well.
- The method mentioned above will do the trick, but don’t rely entirely on this idea and call the snake catching services immediately if you spot a snake in your garden.
We hope after reading the above article, you’ll know about the snake deterrent ability of ammonia and how to use it to keep them at bay.