Rats not only spread diseases but can also damage your household items as well. Thus, learn how to get rid of rats with black pepper through this detailed article!
What Is Black Pepper?
Black pepper is known by the botanical name ‘Piper nigrum.’ It is related to the ‘Piperaceae’ group, popularly recognized for its fruit named ‘Peppercorn.’ This vine offers a number of varieties such as White, Black, Red, Green, and Pink pepper. The name ‘Pepper’ originates from the Latin word, ‘Piper.’ Black pepper is made by grinding the dried peppercorn for its sharp and mildly spicy flavor. It’s one of the most commonly consumed spices in the world. Besides being a kitchen staple, it has therapeutic potential as well, to treat many diseases.
Does Black Pepper Kills Rat?
Black pepper doesn’t kill rats but repels them from a place permanently. It happens due to the spicy aroma that can give rodents nasal inflammation and physical discomfort.
How to Get Rid of Rats With Black Pepper?
Rats are nasty chewers that can ruin your trash cans, car cables, clothes, and luxurious furniture too. Even they can also cause substantial structural damage to your wooden house.
To eradicate rats’ breeding, avoid the traditional ways because they are not only toxic for the kids but also for your innocent pets. You can prevent this kind of situation by trying black pepper, which is one of the best home remedies to get rid of rodents.
To block the entrance of rats in your house, you have to repair the holes and cracks of the walls along with the doorways. Read the below DIYs to know how to get rid of rats with back pepper.
#1 DIY Black Pepper Rat Repellent
- One Handful of Dried Black Pepper
- A Blender
- One Spice Jar
- To make the mouse repellent, add a handful of raw black pepper into a blender and form a smooth powder.
- Empty the powder into a spice jar and sprinkle it on the rats’ infested area. Repeat this process daily for better results.
- This remedy will not kill the rodents but deter them for good.
#2 DIY Black Pepper & Essential Oil Rat Repellent
- 20 Drops of Peppermint Essential Oil
- One Teaspoon of Black Pepper Powder
- A Mixing Bowl
- Some Cotton Pads
- One Spoon
- Pour 20 drops of peppermint essential oil into a mixing bowl, along with one teaspoon of black pepper powder and combine them well.
- Now, soak cotton pads into this mixture, then put them around the rodent’s residing place and different corners of the house.
- Resoak the cotton pads at different intervals with this mixture, as the essential oil evaporates at room temperatures.
- To eliminate a large number of rats infestation area, don’t wait for the above remedy to work, consult with the professionals immediately.
Try the above black pepper remedies to remove the pesky little rats from your home without the use of any harmful chemical sprays and traps. Besides this, you can get rid of mice naturally by using tea bags!