Stick with us to know more about, where do kissing bugs hide in a home, and how to eliminate them using homemade remedies in this descriptive article!
What Is a Kissing Bug?
Kissing bug, having common names Vampire bug, or Conenose bug is belong to the ‘Reduviidae’ group. Its bite induces Chagas because of the parasite named T. cruzi, which is present in its feces. This disease is prevalent in South America, Mexico, and Central America. Its symptoms are mild itching, redness, swelling, allergic reaction, and fever.
Where Do Kissing Bugs Hide in a Home?
Kissing bugs are night-loving, meaning they are active at midnight to feed blood; that’s why they are able in hiding without getting noticed. The following are the hiding places of them!
- Where Your Pets Spends Time
- Around Rodents Residing Place
- Beneath Porches
- Hides in Cracks and Holes
- Warmer Places
- Under and Near Mattresses
- Beneath the Beds and Other Furniture
How to Get Rid of Kissing Bug?
Kissing bugs bite is a menace; that’s why their inhibition is necessary as soon as possible. Try the below mentioned homemade remedies to draw them away for good!
1. DIY Kissing Bugs Repellent
- 15-20 Drops of Lavender Essential Oil
- 1 Oz of Distilled Water
- 15-20 Drops of Lemon Eucalyptus Essential Oil
- 1 Oz of White Vinegar
- 15-20 Drops of Citronella Essential Oil
- Empty Spray Bottle
- A Mixing Bowl
- Pour 15-20 drops of each lavender, lemon eucalyptus, and citronella essential oils along with 1 ounce of each distilled water and white vinegar into a mixing bowl. Mix them well for a few seconds
- Empty the resultant mixture into an empty spray bottle.
- Now, spray it evenly all over the kissing bugs hiding places, entrances, patio, and where they tend to accumulate.
- This quick hack deters the bugs, because of the intense fragrance of lavender, lemon eucalyptus, and citronella essential oils.
2. DIY Kissing Bugs Trap
- Roasting Pan
- One Tablespoon of Liquid Dish Soap
- Two Cups of Hot Water
- Table Lamp
- To make a kissing bugs trap, add one tablespoon of liquid dish soap along with two cups of hot water into the roasting pan and stir them well to make a foamy mixture.
- Now, place the table lamp near the tray and point its light on the liquid.
- By using this technique, kissing bugs gets attracted to the trap because of the table lamp and eventually falls into the liquid solution.
- However, this trap has a disadvantage that it only works at night.
The above natural homemade remedies will surely keep the kissing bugs at bay. But, if the stink bugs infest your home, then try these essential oils to get rid of them instantly. That’s all for today!