Do you want smooth, hair-free facial skin? Then learn how to use Alum Powder for Hair Removal in this well-curated article!
Are you tired of harsh hair removal methods that leave your skin irritated? It’s time to use Alum Powder for Hair Removal. Read this article to learn how you can achieve hair-less facial skin.
Read the Natural Hair Removal Remedies here
What Is Alum Powder?
Alum powder is produced from potassium aluminum sulfate. It’s used in water treatment, cosmetics, and as an astringent. Furthermore, it has culinary uses as well. You can easily buy it from your nearest grocery store. There are a few types of alum:
- Sodium Alum
- Ammonium Alum
- Chrome Alum
- Selenate Alums
- Aluminum Sulfate
- Potassium alum
Alum Powder for Hair Removal
Does Alum Powder Remove Hair? Yes! Alum powder can remove facial hair. It’s a mild abrasive that weakens the hair roots, thereby eliminating unwanted facial hair. Furthermore, it’s also used as an antiseptic, antipyretic, antispasmodic, and hemostyptic.
How to Use Alum Powder for Hair Removal?
Try the below effective homemade recipes to get rid of undesired hair.
1. Alum Powder & Rose Water Hair Removal Recipe
Enriched with the goodness of alum powder, yogurt, and rose water, this recipe not only eliminates hair but also offers therapeutic properties as well.
- 1/2 Tsp of Alum Powder
- 2 Tbsp of Rose Water
- 1 Tbsp of Plain Yogurt
- Cotton Balls
- Mixing Bowl
- A Spoon
- Add alum powder, plain yogurt, and rose water into a bowl and mix well to get a lump-free paste.
- Next, apply a thin layer of this paste on your face using a cotton ball.
- Once done, let the application dry for 25-30 minutes.
- After that, scrub off the application in a circular motion.
- In the end, wash the area with lukewarm water, followed by a moisturizer.
2. DIY Honey Alum Hair Removal Recipe
- 1/2 Tsp of Alum Powder
- 2-3 Tsp of Rose Water
- 2-3 Tsp of Olive Oil
- 1-2 Tsp of Honey
- A Bowl
- Cotton Balls
- Pour honey, rose water, olive oil, and 1/2 tsp of alum powder into a bowl. Combine them well to get a smooth paste.
- After that, spread this mixture on your face with the cotton balls.
- Keep it for half an hour or until it dries out completely.
- Then, rub it off with your fingers in a circular motion.
- Once done, rinse your face with water and hydrate it with a lotion or moisturizer.
Alum Powder for Hair Removal: Precautions to Consider
- Hair Length: These hacks are only effective for facial hair and not for pubic hair removal. They also not meant for long or coarse hair.
- Patch Test: Always do a patch test on a small section of your skin before applying these recipes to larger areas. Wait for at least 24 hours to ensure you don’t have any allergic reactions to the ingredients.
- Sensitivity: If you experience any burning, itching, or redness while the mixtures are on your skin, wash them off immediately.
- Application: Avoid applying these mixtures on broken skin, wounds, or skin that is irritated or inflamed. The ingredients could cause discomfort or further irritation.
- Moisturizing: Always moisturize your skin after using these recipes. Alum can dry out the skin, so it’s important to replenish your skin’s moisture.
- Eye Area: Be careful not to get any of these mixtures in your eyes. If this happens, rinse your eyes thoroughly with cool water.
- Storage: Make these mixtures fresh each time you use them. Don’t store the mixtures for future use, as the ingredients may not stay potent.
- Scrubbing: Be gentle when scrubbing to avoid skin irritation or damage.
- Hygiene: Clean all your supplies before and after use to prevent bacterial growth.
- Consultation: If you have sensitive skin or a pre-existing skin condition, consult a dermatologist before trying these recipes.
- Expiry Date: Always check the expiry date of your ingredients before use. Expired products can cause skin irritations or allergic reactions.
- Facial Hair: Be very careful when using these treatments on facial hair. Avoid the area around your eyes and lips.
- DIY Precautions: When preparing these mixtures, be sure to measure the ingredients correctly. Too much alum powder might lead to skin burns or irritations.
- Frequency: Do not use these treatments more than once a week to prevent skin irritation. Overusing could lead to skin dryness and sensitivity.
Learn How to Remove Extension Glue From Hair here