Will Cinnamon Kill Ants and prevent them from coming back? Let’s find out the answer in this informative article!
Besides being a popular kitchen staple, cinnamon is an all-purpose product for various home remedies. But Will Cinnamon Kill Ants? If you wonder does cinnamon kill ants & how to use it to get rid of them, then you have reached the right place!
Find Out Does Ginger Repel Ants here
Will Cinnamon Kill Ants?
Cinnamon is often suggested as a natural solution to mild to moderate ant infestations. The grounded form of cinnamon repels ants because of its distinct scent, whereas its leaf essential oil kills them. Cinnamon is an ideal remedy to combat fire, sugar, odorous, and carpenter ants.
How Does Cinnamon Kill Ants?
Cinnamon is a potent ant killer because of its toxic trans-cinnamaldehyde chemical compound. When sprayed directly on the ants, chemicals present in cinnamon disrupt the ants’ bodily functions, causing death.
How To Use Cinnamon For Ants?
Simply follow the below hacks and say goodbye to these annoying unwanted guests.
1. DIY Cinnamon Ants Repellent
Packed with insect deterrent properties, this home remedy is an on-the-go solution to keep ants far away from your property!
- Grounded Cinnamon
- Spice Jar
- Fill the spice jar with a sufficient amount of cinnamon powder.
- Now, sprinkle it on the kitchen countertop, ants’ potential entryways, and where they dwell often.
- Redo this process if needed.
2. Cinnamon Tea Bags Ant Deterrent
Instead of simply scattering cinnamon powder everywhere, you can use cinnamon tea bags to deter the ants.
- Cinnamon Tea Bags
- Grab a couple of cinnamon tea bags and place them where ants tend to accumulate.
- The scent of cinnamon discourages them from entering your living space.
3. DIY Cinnamon Ant Killer Spray
The cinnamon leaf essential oil is a potent remedy to eliminate ants thanks to its insecticidal properties.
- 25-30 Drops of Cinnamon Leaf Essential Oil
- 1/2 Cup of Water
- Mixing Bowl
- Empty Spray Bottle
- Small Funnel
- Combine 1/2 cup of water and 25-30 drops of cinnamon oil in a bowl.
- Next, empty the solution into a spray bottle.
- Shake this liquid properly and spray it on the ants.
- You’ll notice positive results within a few minutes.
4. DIY Ants Repellent Cinnamon Stick Hack
If you don’t have grounded cinnamon or its essential oil in your pantry, don’t worry! You can deter the ants with cinnamon sticks.
- Cinnamon Sticks
- Take a handful of cinnamon sticks.
- Place them around the ants’ dwelling area and where you notice them often.
Note – Pet owners can freely use cinnamon for ants as this spice is safe for dogs and cats.
How to Prevent Ants?
Ants are attracted to food and water sources, so the best way to prevent an ant infestation is to eliminate these attractants and block their entry into your home. Here are some steps you can take:
- Keep Your Home Clean: Keep your living spaces, kitchen, and dining areas clean and free of food crumbs or spills. Ants are attracted to food sources, so sweep, mop, and wipe down surfaces to remove any food residue.
- Secure Your Garbage: Keep your trash bins tightly sealed, and take out the trash regularly. Also, it’s a good idea to keep your outdoor garbage bins as far away from your home as possible.
- Seal Cracks and Openings: Ants can enter your home through small cracks and openings. Use caulk or other sealants to close these gaps.
- Eliminate Water Sources: Just like any other creature, ants need water to survive. Check for leaks in your home and repair them promptly. Avoid leaving water standing in sinks or bathtubs.
- Keep pet bowls clean: If you have pets, clean up their food and water bowls after they finish eating. Ants are attracted to pet food spills.
- Regular inspections: Perform routine inspections to ensure there are no new entry points or ant activity. Catching ant problems early can prevent larger infestations.
- Trim vegetation: Keep plants, bushes, and trees trimmed and away from the house. Ants can use branches as bridges to access your home.
- Is the article focused and well-structured? – Yes
- Does it effectively address the topic or answer the intended question? – Yes
- Is the content engaging and informative? – Yes
- Is the writing style consistent and appropriate for the intended audience? – Yes
- Did you check the article with Grammarly? – Yes
- Is Yoast SEO readability meter green? – Yes
- Facts and Accuracy:
- Have you fact-checked all information and ensured its accuracy? – Yes
- Are there reliable sources to support any claims made in the article? Did you add links to them? – Yes
- Formatting and Presentation:
- Have you included relevant internal and external links? – Yes
- Images in the article are good? – Yes
- Proofreading and Editing:
- Have you thoroughly proofread and edited the article? How long it took? – Yes
Learn Does Alcohol Kill Dust Mites here