If you are a big baby oil fan and want to know Does Baby Oil Kill Lice? Keep reading this detailed article till the end to know the answer to this question!
What Is Lice?
Lice (singular: louse) are holoparasite and belong to the ‘Phthiraptera’ order, which thrives on human hair and feeds on blood. Mainly three types of lice can be found on a human body, namely – head lice, body lice, and pubic lice. But commonly people get infested by head lice, that live on hair, close to the scalp, and this condition is called ‘Pediculosis capitis.’ A female adult louse can lay 6-7 eggs per day and attaches their eggs to the person’s hair with saliva.
Does Baby Oil Kill Lice?
Baby oil can kill lice. Even it can also eliminate nymphs, eggs, and adults as well. However, there are no scientific researches that support this claim. Baby oil has a moisturizing effect, along with emollient properties, making it an excellent product for skin and strands. Although, do remember it’s comedogenic, meaning baby oil can clog your skin pores, which leads to acne, blackheads, and whiteheads.
How to Get Rid of Head Lice With Baby Oil?
Baby oil not only help you to get rid of lice but also offers you additional benefits such as moisturizing the dry scalp, strengthening the hair, handling scalp issues, and styling your strands as well. Try the below quick hack to know how to use baby oil to kill lice, without the use of any harmful chemical-filled products!
- Pour a sufficient amount of baby oil into the mixing bowl and warm it up in the microwave for 5-10 seconds.
- Now massage it evenly from the roots working towards the tips of the hair along with the scalp using fingertips. Leave it overnight to see its effects.
- Cover your head with an old cloth or shower cap to avoid discoloration of the bedsheets and pillowcases.
- On the next morning, rinse it off with lots of water and shampoo, followed by a hair conditioner.
- Redo this process once in a week for three consecutive weeks to get rid of lice permanently.
The most prevalent form of lice, i.e., Head lice are contagious and can be shifted from one person to another with contact. Below are some ways that can inhibit the head lice infestation!
- Avoid share clothing with lice infected person.
- Do not make any physical contact, such as head to head or hair to hair while doing any activities.
- Avoid sleeping with the lice-infested person.
- Be cautious while using comb and towel.
By reading the above article, you’ll know how to eliminate head lice using the potent remedy named baby oil that can do the job without any hassle. Besides, you can also use baby oil to get rid of love bugs infestation for good!