Are you looking for some healthy food recipes for your pup? Here’s a detailed article about Homemade Dog Food Recipes Vet Approved, that’ll help you a lot!
Just like the human body needs a well-balanced nutritional food, a dog also has some dietary requirements that can easily be fulfilled by homemade food. Even a vet also recommends making a meal at home for your little partner.
Homemade Dog Food Recipes Vet Approved
Not all dogs need the same amount of nutritional elements, that’s why you’ve to consider some crucial factors like their weight, health conditions, size, and activity level before trying any homemade food recipes.
An adult dog’s daily diet can have up to 50% of carbohydrates by weight, 2.5–4.5% from the fiber, 5.5% from fats, and 10% from protein. Here are some homemade dog food recipes vet approved, that’re only made for your healthy hounds!
Food Recipe For 15 Pound Dog
This homemade dog food recipe is suggested by the MSPCA!
- 80 grams of cooked Chicken and eggs (Finely Chopped)
- 1 1/3 cups of cooked white rice
- 15 grams of Mixed vegetables like broccoli, baby spinach, carrots, and bell peppers (Finely Chopped).
- 1 tbsp of Vegetable oil
- 1.5 scoops of Balance IT Canine (Supplement needed to mix in food, you can get it from your vet)
- One Microwave friendly container
- Add all the ingredients into a microwave-friendly container and blend it well.
- Then, put the container into a microwave oven and bake the mixture at 325-350 F for approximately 20-30 minutes to make it crunchy.
- Now, the meal is ready to serve your hound in two or three equal parts in a day.
- You can store it at cold temperatures (32-40 F) in an airtight container for later use.
Food Recipe For 30 Pound Dog
Below is a homemade food recipe recommended by MSPCA for 30 pounds Hound. Try it!
- 130 gms of cooked chicken/beef/pork/lamb
- 2 cups of cooked rice/barley/corn/peas
- 25 gms of mixed vegetables like carrots, bell peppers, green beans, baby spinach, squash, and broccoli.
- 1 tbsp of vegetable oil
- Supplement: 2 teaspoons of Balance IT Canine (Get it through your vet)
- Microwave safe container
- A mixing bowl
- Firstly, chop the cooked meat and mixed veggies into fine pieces.
- After that, add all the ingredients into a bowl and mix it properly.
- Now, pour all the mixture into a container and put it into a microwave oven at 325-350 F for 30 minutes.
- Before serving the meal to your dog, cool it properly and refrigerate the remaining food into an airtight container.
Food Recipe For 60 Pound Dog
Try this nutritional recipe suggested by MSPCA for your 60-pound fluffy partner!
- 220 gms of cooked chopped chicken
- 3 ½ cups of cooked white or brown rice
- 3 Tbsps of mixed vegetables like sweet potato, pasta, and oatmeal (Chopped)
- 4 to 5 tsp of vegetable oil
- 4.5 teaspoons of ‘Balance IT Canine’ (You can get this supplement from your vet)
- A mixing bowl
- One microwave-friendly glass container
- Take a bowl and mix all the ingredients into it precisely.
- Then put all the mixture into a microwave-friendly glass container and heat it up at 325-350 F in a microwave oven for around 25-30 minutes. Now it’s ready for your canine friend.
- Store the leftover food into the refrigerator, and you can re-warm it for further use.
If your dog has any medical issue, then consult with your vet first. Besides this, you can also try DIY Dog Feeding Stations Ideas, which gives your pup a right and hygienic place to eat.