Using a chapstick can speed up the healing process of a love bite. Learn how to get rid of a hickey with chapstick in this detailed guide!
Hickey is a temporary bruise that is not painful but gives you a little bit of skin irritation and tingly sensation, which can last about 7 to 14 days. Furthermore, it also gives you a long-lasting scar. This situation becomes your worst enemy if you are a working professional or going to attend the parties. But first, understand what is chapstick, before learning how to get rid of a hickey with chapstick.
What Is Chapstick?
Chapstick, apart from being a brand, is a common name used to refer to a lip balm. They are used to moisturize the dried lips and prevents sunburn as well. Chapsticks with certain beneficial ingredients help you to keep your lip’s condition in check and keep them healthy. However, there’s yet another use for a chapstick such as to use it to get rid of a hickey!
What Does Hickey look like?
Hickey looks like a blemish or bruise, emerges when someone kisses and nibbles your skin in an intense way that damages the veins underneath, which results in blood clots. It appears as a dark red or purple in color.
They might not always hurt but certainly cause inflammation, swelling, and a little bit of stinging sensation. Besides, if you are to confront a group of people in near time, it can become a reason for your low self-confidence and embarrassment.
How to Get Rid of a Hickey With Chapstick
If you want to get rid of the love mark in a short span of time and without any extra efforts, then try this most effective chapstick hickey trick to speed up the healing process!
- To implement this unusual method, you’ll need one chapstick and some ice cubes. It’s better if you use an unflavored one or DIY one at home with natural ingredients.
- Firstly, take some ice cubes and rub them on the love bite until the area gets insensible.
- After that, hold the chapstick on the hickey with a sufficient amount of pressure and massage it in a circular motion for a few seconds.
- This remedy removes a love bite by contracting the broken small vessels and breaks down the blood clots along with improving the blood circulation at the same time. Repeat this process two times a day to notice its effects.
- If the above trick takes time to heal the love marks, then in the meantime, you can cover the bruises with the help of your hair, makeup, or any clothing accessories.
- While trying the above process make sure the pressure should be adequate, otherwise your bruise becomes more severe.
The above method will surely help you a lot if you are prone to love bites! But if it doesn’t work, then try this another remedy that’ll definitely help you to get rid of hickeys.