Using chapstick can speed up the healing process of a love bite. Learn How to Get Rid of a Hickey With Chapstick in this detailed guide!
Hickey is a temporary bruise that is not painful but gives you a little bit of skin irritation and a tingly sensation. Furthermore, it also gives you a long-lasting scar. This situation becomes your worst enemy if you are a working professional or a social animal. So, let’s find out How to Get Rid of a Hickey With Chapstick below.
Find out how to remove a hickey easily here
What is Chapstick?
Chapstick, apart from being a brand, is a common name used to refer to a lip balm. They are used to moisturize dried lips and prevent sunburn as well. Chapsticks with certain beneficial ingredients help you to keep your lip’s condition in check and keep them healthy. However, there’s yet another use for chapstick, such as to use it to get rid of a hickey!
What Does Hickey Look Like?
Hickey looks like a blemish or bruise, which emerges when someone kisses and nibbles skin intensely that damages the veins underneath, resulting in blood clots. It looks dark red or purple in hue. They might not always hurt but certainly cause inflammation, swelling, and a little bit of stinging sensation.
How Long Does It Take for a Hickey to Heal?
The healing time of a hickey varies depending on its severity and the individual’s healing ability. In general, a love bite takes anywhere from 7-14 days to disappear completely. During this time, the hickey may change in appearance, color, and size. However, you can speed up this healing process by using a simple remedy mentioned below.
How to Get Rid of a Hickey With Chapstick?
Learn how to take hickeys off with chapstick in a short span of time and without any extra effort below. This method makes the hickey disappear by speeding up the healing process.
- To implement this unusual remedy, you’ll need one chapstick and some ice cubes.
- Firstly, take some ice cubes and rub them on the love bite until the area gets insensible.
- After that, hold the chapstick (the cap portion) on the hickey with a sufficient amount of pressure and massage it in a circular motion for a few seconds.
- This remedy removes a love bite by contracting the damaged veins and breaks down the blood clots, along with improving blood circulation. Repeat this process two times a day to notice its effects.
- While trying the above process, make sure the pressure should be adequate. Otherwise, your bruise becomes more severe.
- If you have any skin-related issues or other health conditions, talk to a physician instead.
Best Ways to Conceal a Hickey
While a love bite is a sign of affection, it’s also embarrassing when visible in public. Here are some ways to conceal a hickey instantly:
- Wear a scarf, turtleneck, or collared shirt to cover the hickey on your neck. But if the love bite is on your chest or back, use a higher-necked top or a cardigan.
- Use the right concealer, color corrector, and foundation to conceal the hickey.
- Band-Aid is the best way to hide a love bite instantly. Simply apply one to the bruised body part, and you’re good to go.
- Try a temporary tattoo to cover the hickey. Choose a design that matches your skin tone.
When to Consult a Physician?
When a love bite doesn’t go away within a week or two, consulting a physician is highly recommended. Even after using the above chapstick remedy, if the hickey is still there, visiting a physician is the last resort.
If you have these problems along with a hickey, talk to a dermatologist:
- Swelling and Redness
- Prolonged Pain or Discomfort
- Abnormal bruising or bleeding.
- Skin Irritation
How to Get Rid of a Hickey With Chapstick: Conclusion
A hickey generally does not require medical attention. But can cause stroke in rare cases. That’s why address this condition with chapstick. It’s one of the best and most cost-effective ways to reduce the appearance of a hickey.