Does pine sol kill bed bugs? Know the answer to this question and some bed bugs prevention tips by reading this detailed article!
Bed bugs are tiny pests that feast on human blood and also target the warm-blooded pets as well. Bed bugs are good at hiding in the small crevices of furniture and mattresses. A healthy female bed bug can yield up to 200-250 eggs in her lifetime. That’s why it’s necessary to eliminate them.
What Is Pine Sol?
Pine-sol is the trademark name of ‘Clorox.’ It’s a multipurpose cleaner that can be used on solid surfaces and in the laundry as well. Pine-sol is known for the ‘Pine oil‘ as its active ingredient. However, modern product formulations are used pine-sol only for its fragrance, not as an active ingredient.
Does Pine Sol Kill Bed Bugs?
Pine-sol will not kill bed bugs, but deter them for good. It works because of its strong odor that is disliked by the bed bugs. Try the below hack to keep them at bay.
Bed Bugs Prevention Tips
Follow the below preventive tips to inhibit the future infestation of bed bugs in your home.
- Eliminate clutter from your house to reduce the hiding place of bed bugs.
- Always store your clothing in sealed bags after washing.
- Run the vacuum on your carpet thoroughly regularly.
- Put your mattresses in protective covers to eliminate bed bug’s hiding spots.
- Seal all the cracks and crevices of the house properly.
- Wash your pet’s bed in the washer on the highest heat and dryer settings.
- Fix door sweeps on the bottom of the doors to prevent their movements.
Pine-Sol Bug Repellent
Try the below homemade remedy to repel the bed bugs from your house instantly.
1. DIY Pine-Sol Bed Bug Deterrent Spray
- 4 Tablespoons of Pine-Sol
- 2 Cups of Water
- Empty Spray Bottle
- Small Funnel
- Mixing Bowl
- Add four tablespoons of pine-sol along with two cups of water into a mixing bowl and stir them well.
- Now, pour this liquid into an empty spray bottle using a small funnel and shake it well before use.
- Before using this remedy, take your bed sheet, mattresses, pillow covers, and curtains outside and spray the solution onto them properly.
- Then, leave them under the sunlight for 3-4 hours to deter them for good.
- Once it’s done, wash them in the washer on the highest setting possible.
- You can also spritz this solution on couches, tables, crevices, and any tiny cracks.
- If you have a severe infestation of bed bugs, then call service professionals immediately.
- Always wear protective gear such as face masks and hand gloves while trying the above hack.
After reading the above article, we hope you’ll understand that Pine-sol is an effective bed bugs repellent, not an eliminator. Besides, you can also try bleach to get rid of bed bugs completely.