Discover the secret of How to Remove a Hickey in Seconds With Toothpaste? You won’t believe how easy and effective it is!
Hickey is also known as a love bite, kiss mark, or Hickie. When your partner kisses or bites on any part of your body passionately, small blood vessels break, leading to clots under the skin. This condition is called a hickey or bruise, which’s dark red at its first appearance. However, it will become dark purple or brown after some time. If you want to get rid of this condition, learn How to Remove a Hickey in Seconds With Toothpaste below.
Here are some unbelievable toothpaste uses
How to Remove a Hickey in Seconds With Toothpaste?
Besides cleaning your teeth, toothpaste removes the hickey by accelerating the healing process. This hack works thanks to its cooling effect and the ability to enhance the blood flow under the skin. If you want to know how to take off a hickey, try the below unorthodox toothpaste remedy.
- Take a sufficient amount of toothpaste on a soft-bristled toothbrush. Massage it gently all over the bruised area for about 2-3 minutes.
- Wait for 5-10 minutes to let it dry. After that, wash the application with lukewarm water.
- Redo this process twice a day and you’ll notice the results in 1-2 days.
- But be careful, don’t use this remedy frequently, as the toothpaste will give you dry and irritated skin.
- While trying this method, you will feel a little bit of a tingly sensation, which is quite common.
- Always remember, nothing will magically remove a hickey in seconds, not even the toothpaste, besides the concealing tips mentioned below.
Can Toothpaste Remove a Hickey?
Yes, toothpaste can help reduce the appearance of a hickey. It works by increasing blood circulation in the affected area. However, perform a patch test to see if you have any allergic reactions or sensitivities to the remedy.
How Long Do I Leave Toothpaste on a Hickey?
Generally, you should leave the toothpaste for 5-10 minutes before gently rinsing it off with lukewarm water. Leaving toothpaste on the skin for more than the recommended time may cause skin irritation.
How Long Will a Hickey Last?
The kiss mark is a temporary bruise that can stay up to one to two weeks. However, within this period, you can cloak it either with clothes or makeup. But if you want to speed up this healing process, toothpaste is an excellent choice.
Different Ways to Get Rid of Hickey
If you don’t want to use the toothpaste remedy due to skin-related concerns, check out the below hacks:
- Banana Peel Hickey Removal Method – Banana peel contains vitamins, nutrients, and anti-inflammatory properties that help in the healing process of a hickey. Start this hack by rubbing the inside of the banana peel on the bruised area for a few moments. Leave the peel on for half an hour and then wash with water. Repeat this hack twice a day until the love bite disappears.
- Use Ice Bag – Put an ice pack or cotton cloth filled with ice cubes on the love bite affected area for a few minutes. This remedy is best for new hickeys but works great for old ones too.
- Cold Spoon Remedy – You only need a cold spoon to say goodbye to the unsightly hickeys. If you want to try this amazing hack, check out this detailed how-to.
- Try Coin Method- In this hack, ice cubes and a coin is used to minimize the appearance of a hickey.
- Try Aloe Vera Pulp – Aloe vera fades away the kiss marks thanks to its anti-inflammatory and healing properties. For this hack, spread the homemade aloe vera gel on the bruised body part and wait for half an hour. After that, rinse the area with tepid water.
- Chapstick Hack – This is one of the easiest ways to get rid of bruises. Simply grab a chapstick and follow this helpful article to heal the hickey.
- Vitamin K and Arnica Cream – According to this reputed source, the combination of vitamin K and arnica cream is effective against bruises. Mix equal amounts of these ointments and apply gently on the love bite. Wait for 20-30 minutes and rinse with tepid water. Repeat this method once daily until the bruise fades away completely.
How to Remove a Hickey in Seconds With Toothpaste: Safety Precautions to Consider
Keep these safety precautions in mind while using toothpaste and other home remedies on hickeys:
- Be gentle – The skin around the hickey is tender and sensitive, so avoid pressing or rubbing too hard.
- Avoid using ice directly on the skin – When using a cold compress, never apply ice cubes directly on the skin. Always wrap the cubes in a towel or cloth to avoid mishaps.
- Test remedies on a small area first – Before applying any home remedies, test them on a small area of skin to ensure you’re not allergic to any of the ingredients. Also, avoid using any remedies that contain irritants or harsh chemicals that could further damage the skin.
- Don’t overdo it – While it’s tempting to try everything to make the hickey go away quickly, be careful not to overdo it. Using too many treatments at once can do more harm than good.
How to Conceal a Hickey Instantly?
If you need to hide a hickey quickly, here are a few tips that might help:
- Makeup- Use a concealer that matches your skin tone to cover the hickey. Start by applying a green color corrector, then layer a concealer on top.
- Scarf or clothing- Wear a scarf or clothing that covers the love bite, especially if it’s on your neck or chest. A turtleneck or collared shirt can be particularly effective.
- Hair- If you have long hair, wear it down to hide the hickey. You can also style your hair to fall in a way that conceals the bruise.
- Band-aid- Grab any band-aid and apply it on the bruised spot to vanish the hickey instantly.
Are Hickeys Dangerous?
After learning How to Remove a Hickey in Seconds with Toothpaste, if you want to know Are Hickeys Dangerous? You are in the right place. Love bites are usually harmless and may only cause mild pain and discomfort. They can be unsightly and embarrassing, especially for working professionals. However, in rare cases, love bites have been associated with the formation of blood clots or even strokes. Therefore, monitor the bruised area and seek medical attention if any concerning symptoms develop.
How to Remove a Hickey in Seconds With Toothpaste: FAQs
1. What is a Good Excuse for a Hickey?
If you want to come up with an excuse for the love bite, here are a few ideas:
- Say you accidentally burned yourself with a curling iron or straightener while styling the hair.
- Blame it on a pesky mosquito or spider bite.
- Claim that you had an allergic reaction to a new skincare product that caused a rash.
- Explain that you have a medical condition that causes you to bruise easily.
2. When to Contact a Physician?
You should contact a physician for a hickey if it doesn’t improve after a week, even after using the home remedies. Additionally, if you experience pain, swelling, redness, and skin irritation, consult a medical professional.
Here are some potent essential oils for hickey treatment