Do you want to know How to Remove a Hickey in Seconds With Toothpaste? Then keep reading this article to know the trick behind it!
What Is a Hickey?
Hickey is also known by the name love bite, kiss mark, monkey bite, or Hickie. When your partner kisses or bites on any part of your body passionately, mostly on the neck and arm, it gives you a bunch of broken small blood vessels that eventually causes clotting under the skin. This condition is called hickey or bruise, which’s dark red at its first appearance. However, it will become dark purple or brown after some time.
How Long Does a Hickey Stay?
The kiss mark is a temporary bruise that can stay up to one to two weeks. However, within this period, you can cloak it either with your clothes or by the makeup. But if you want to heal a hickey in a few seconds, then toothpaste is an excellent choice for you, which is described below.
How to Remove a Hickey in Seconds With Toothpaste
Besides cleaning your teeth, the mint-flavored toothpaste removes the kiss mark in no time, thanks to its pain-alleviating effect and the ability to enhance the blood flow under the skin. If you don’t know, how to thoroughly take off a hickey in seconds, then don’t worry, try the below unorthodox toothpaste remedy by following some simple steps!
- Take a sufficient amount of the toothpaste and massage it gently all over the hickey influenced area with the help of a toothbrush for about 2-3 minutes, leaving it for a few moments to let it dry. Wash this application with lukewarm water.
- Redo this process twice a day, until the bruises disappear.
- But be careful, don’t use this remedy frequently, as the toothpaste will give you dry and irritated skin.
- During the above method, you will feel a little bit of a tingly sensation, which is quite reasonable.
Different Ways to Get Rid of Hickey
However, the above method is sufficient, but if it doesn’t work, then you can also try the following remedies as well:
- Banana Peel Hickey Removal Method– The peel of banana is packed with essential nutritional elements that may help you to clear a love bite.
- Try Vinegar – You can utilize either apple cider vinegar or white vinegar to treat the monkey bite.
- Use Ice Bag- Put ice bags or cotton cloth, filled with ice cubes, on the love bite affected area for a few minutes, it will minimize the blood leaking process from the broken small vessels and reduces the swelling eventually.
- Massage Peppermint Oil- Before applying peppermint essential oil on the kiss marks, firstly dilute it with a carrier oil.
- Take Vitamin K Diet- Consume the meals enriched with Vitamin K regularly; it boosts up the skin healing process.
- Try Aloe Vera Pulp – Aloe vera reduces the inflammation and fades away the kiss marks after its repetitive application.
- Toothbrush Treatment – This is one of the easiest ways to get rid of the bruises without any extra ingredients.
- Use Vitamin C- Either utilize Vitamin C topically or consume them orally to help get rid of the bruises because of its antioxidants and collagen production capability.
Are Hickeys Dangerous?
Nope! Kiss marks are not dangerous; they are only small bruises that occur due to a supreme act of kissing. However, it gives you a tingly sensation while trying any treatment at home. Apart from this, if you are a working professional, then it can raise a problem for you because it’s unprofessional, so you have to hide it properly.
By trying the above love bite removal method, you’ll surely eliminate it in a short time. Besides this, there are many other toothpastes uses as well that make your day to day activities easier. Try and let us know your experiences along with your precious suggestions by commenting below!