Have you ever wondered how to remove permanent hair dye with olive oil without visiting the expensive hair salons for treatments? Let’s find out below.
What Is Olive Oil?
Olive oil is a natural fluid, which is extracted by pressing the fruit of the olive tree, also known by its botanical name ‘Olea europaea.’ It’s included in culinary, soaps, skincare, pharmaceuticals, and hair care. Furthermore, olive oil is used as a lubricant for kitchen appliances and as illumination for oil lamps. It also has medicinal importance for the treatment of various health conditions.
Olive oil is a rich source of antioxidants and anti-inflammatory properties. Furthermore, it displays strong bactericidal activity as well.
100 Grams of olive oil contains:
- Calories 884
- Cholesterol 0 mg
- Monounsaturated Fat 72.961 g
- Polyunsaturated Fat 10.523 g
- Omega-3 fatty acids 761 mg
- Omega-6 fatty acids 9763 mg
- Sodium 2 mg
- Potassium 1 mg
- Total Carbs 0 g
- Calcium 1 mg
- Iron 0.56 mg
- Vitamin E 14.35 mg
- Vitamin K 60.2 µg
How to Remove Permanent Hair Dye With Olive Oil?
According to some popular websites – Olive oil is a natural and effective product to remove the permanent hair dye. Just follow the below directions, and you’ll notice the difference.
- 1/2 Cup of Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Cooking Pan
- Shower Cap
- Clarifying Shampoo
- A Bowl
- Pour the olive oil into the cooking pan and put it on the stove for 10 seconds.
- Just make sure it only warms a bit but do not boil it. Then, empty it into a bowl.
- Let the olive oil cool down a little bit before using it.
- First, wash your hair with a shampoo and dry it as usual.
- Now, massage the warm olive oil onto the damp hair, starting from the roots working towards the end, until they are fully saturated.
- Then cover your strands with a shower cap and let it sit for 25-30 minutes.
- After that, wash your hair with a clarifying shampoo followed by a conditioner.
- Always use extra virgin olive oil, rather than the refined one.
- Don’t let the olive oil get into your eyes, if it happens, then flush them with tap water.
Additional Benefits of Olive Oil
Other than removing hair dye, olive oil has numerous benefits to offer, including:
- Possess Antioxidant Properties – Olive oil is high in antioxidants, thanks to its vitamin E and some phenolic compounds.
- Has Anti-inflammatory Properties – Virgin olive oil is a rich source of anti-inflammatory properties because of the phenolic compound, named Oleocanthal.
- Antibacterial Effect – According to a study, olive oil shows strong antibacterial actions towards the different strains of Helicobacter pylori.
Try the above all-natural hack to obliterate your hair dye. It saves you a few bucks and gives your strands several therapeutic properties of olive oil as well. Besides, toothpaste is also a better option to lighten your hair.