Try these 5 Shea Butter Hair Growth Recipes that not only make your hair roots strong but also fulfill your dream of luscious strands!
What Is Shea Butter?
The kernels of Shea tree, native to East and West Africa, are used to extract Shea butter. It’s consumable and can be applied directly to different parts of the body to get its multitude of benefits. Shea butter is primarily used in lip gloss, skin moisturizer cream, hair conditioner, soaps, chocolates, massage oil, as cooking oil and in candle making as well. Besides this, it’s used as an active ingredient in medicinal ointments, thanks to its antibacterial, anti-inflammatory, antioxidant, and antifungal properties.
Shea Butter Nutrition Facts
100 grams of Shea butter contains
- Calories 884
- Saturated fat 47 g
- Polyunsaturated fat 5 g
- Monounsaturated fat 44 g
- Cholesterol 0 mg
- Sodium 0 mg
- Carbohydrate 0 g
- Sugar 0 g
Shea Butter Hair Growth Recipes
Below are some shea butter hair growth recipes, that is enough for your hair’s health!
1. Shea Butter Hair Moisturizer Recipe
The coconut oil, olive oil, and almond oil have antioxidants along with other essential nutrients that give you stronger hair strands.
- 2 Tablespoons of Unrefined Shea Butter
- 2 Teaspoons of Coconut Oil
- 1/2 Teaspoon of Olive Oil
- 1/2 Teaspoon of Almond Oil
- 3 Drops of Argan Oil
- A Blender
- One Bowl
- Put a container full of shea butter into a bowl of hot water and leave it for 10 minutes.
- Then pour the melted shea butter, 1/2 teaspoon of olive oil, 1/2 teaspoon of almond oil, 2 teaspoons of coconut oil, along with 3 drops of argan oil in the blender and blend it well, until you get a smooth paste.
- Once this process is complete, pour the resultant mixture into a bowl.
- After dampening your hair, take a sufficient amount of this paste and apply it gently on the tips of your hair, leaving it for 8-10 minutes. Shampoo your strands and air dry as usual.
2. Shea Butter Cream Recipe
Try this recipe enriched with the goodness of Aloe vera that has Vitamins and zinc like characteristics.
- Four Tbsp Raw Shea Butter
- Four Tbsp Aloe Vera Gel
- One Bowl
- Four Tbsp Cold-Pressed Coconut Oil
- One Lidded Glass Jar
- One spoon
- Place a bowl of shea butter into a pot of hot water and leave it for 8-10 minutes to melt it properly.
- Then pour the melted shea butter, coconut oil, aloe vera gel into a mixing bowl, and mix them well by a spoon for a few minutes.
- Wash your hair with shampoo, then apply it evenly with the help of your fingertips and cover your hair with a plastic wrap.
- Leave it for 10 minutes, then rinse the strands with shampoo and air dry as usual.
- Put the remaining mixture into a lidded glass jar and refrigerate it for further use.
3. Shea Butter + Coconut Oil + Castor Oil Recipe
To get the benefits of coconut oil, castor oil, along with some essential oils, try this recipe that will give you natural and radiant hair strands.
- A Cup of Raw Shea Butter
- 4 Tbsp of Organic Coconut Oil
- 4 Teaspoons of Castor Oil
- 7 Drops of Peppermint Essential Oil
- 10 Drops of Cedarwood Essential Oil
- 2 Tbsp of Rose Water
- A Bowl
- One Small Spatula
- Put the container of raw shea butter into a bowl of hot water and leave it for 10 minutes to melt it properly.
- Now, add the melted shea butter, 4 tablespoons of organic coconut oil, 4 teaspoons of castor oil along with 7 drops of peppermint, and 10 drops of cedarwood essential oil into mixing bowl and stir them by a small spatula for a few minutes.
- Apply this paste on your damp hair, starting from the scalp and working towards the ends, covering it up with a towel.
- Leave it for 10 minutes, then shampoo your hair and air dry as usual.
4. Olive Oil Shea Butter Hair Growth Recipe
Yogurt is high in protein that gives you longer and stronger hair strands. Furthermore, it also gives you shiny hair as well.
- One Cup of Raw Shea Butter
- Four Tablespoons of Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Six Tablespoons of Plain Yogurt
- One Bowl
- A Blender
- Take a bowl of hot water and place a plastic container full of raw shea butter into it, leaving it for 10 minutes.
- Once it’s done, pour the liquefied shea butter, four tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil with six tablespoons of yogurt into a blender to get a creamier mixture.
- Now pour the mixture into a bowl and apply it on your damp hair. Wrap a shower cap and leave it for around 8-10 minutes, then wash your hair with shampoo and air dry as usual.
5. Shea Butter Avocado Hair Mask Recipe
Try this recipe to get the nourishing and moisturizing benefits of avocado for dry and dehydrated hair.
- 1/2 Cup of Raw Shea Butter
- Two Avocado (Finely Chopped)
- One Bowl
- A Blender
- Take a cooking pot of hot water and put the bowl of raw shea butter into it for 8-10 minutes.
- Now add the melted shea butter along with finely chopped two avocadoes into a blender and mix them well for 3-4 minutes. Transfer the resultant mixture into a bowl.
- Apply this mask generously all over your hair from scalp to the hair ends and cover it up with a shower cap for around 10 minutes. Then, shampoo your hair as usual.
- Before applying the above hair mask recipes, always cover your shoulders with an old towel or a t-shirt to protect your clothing.
The above shea butter hair growth recipes will surely give you the luscious strands that you desire the most! Besides this, you can also try the coconut oil and honey hair mask recipe as well.