Almond oil isn’t just for cooking! Learn about Almond Oil Benefits for Eyelashes and start your journey toward captivating eyes now!
Almond oil has been hailed for centuries for its health and beauty benefits. From skincare to haircare, almond oil has myriad uses, but have you considered it for your eyelashes? Let’s uncover the numerous Almond Oil Benefits for Eyelashes below.
Read Does Sweet Almond Oil Clog Pores here
What Is Almond Oil?
Almond oil is extracted from the almonds. It’s available in two variants – bitter and sweet almond oil. Both have their qualities and are produced from different varieties of almond trees. From the two varieties, sweet almond oil is used majorly in culinary, skincare, and haircare because of its nutrient-rich profile.
Almond Oil Nutritional Value
Almond oil is packed with anti-inflammatory, emollient, and sclerosant properties. Furthermore, it’s a rich source of vitamins and essential fatty acids as well.
100 Grams of almond oil contains:
- Calories 884
- Total Carbs 0 g
- Saturated Fat 8.2 g
- Monounsaturated Fat 69.9 g
- Polyunsaturated Fat 17.4 g
- Total Omega-6 fatty acids 17401 mg
- Vitamin E 39.2 mg
- Vitamin K 7.0 mcg
- Cholesterol 0 mg
- Phytosterols 266 mg
Almond Oil Benefits for Eyelashes
Below are some unique benefits of sweet almond oil for eyelashes that might surprise you.
1. Almond Oil for Eyelashes Growth
Almond oil is rich in vitamins A, B, and E, which are essential for the growth of healthy lashes. Regular application of almond oil nourishes the hair follicles and stimulates growth, leading to fuller, longer lashes. Its moisturizing properties also prevent breakage, promoting robust eyelash health.
2. Prevents Lashes Breakage
The moisturizing properties of sweet almond oil prevent lashes breakage by making them silky and smooth. Its regular application gives lashes the required strength, ensuring they remain intact for longer periods.
3. Moisturizes and Conditions Eyelashes
The fatty acids present in almond oil offer excellent moisturizing properties. When applied, almond oil conditions the eyelashes, preventing them from becoming dry and brittle. Simply follow the below DIY recipe to make them smooth and hydrated.
4. Promotes Shine and Luster
With its numerous beneficial nutrients, almond oil enhances the luster and shine of your eyelashes. A few drops of this oil can make your lashes appear darker and glossy, adding to the overall beauty of your eyes.
5. Natural and Safe to Use
Unlike many commercial eyelash growth serums, almond oil is natural and free of harsh chemicals. Its hypoallergenic nature makes it a preferred choice for those with sensitive skin or eyes.
How to Use Almond Oil For Eyelashes?
Reap the benefits of almond oil by adding the below hack to your daily lash care regime.
- Sweet Almond Oil
- Disposable Mascara Brush
- First, remove the eye makeup and wash your face with a gentle cleanser.
- Then, close your eyes and apply the almond oil on the eyelashes using a disposable mascara brush. Make sure the lashes are fully coated.
- Leave the application overnight to do its work.
- Repeat this method every night for up to 1-2 months to notice positive results.
Precautions to Consider
- Perform a Patch Test – Before applying almond oil to lashes, perform a patch test. Apply a small amount of oil on the wrist or behind your ear and wait for 24 hours to check for any allergic reaction. If there’s no reaction, you can proceed to use it on your lashes.
- Use a Clean Mascara Brush – Always use a clean, disposable mascara brush to avoid any bacterial contamination that could lead to infections.
- Be Cautious During Application – Ensure the oil does not get into your eyes. If it happens, clean your eyes with lots of water.
- Avoid Use if Allergic to Almonds – If you’re allergic to almonds, avoid the topical use of almond oil.
- Expect Gradual Results – Remember that the effects of almond oil on eyelashes will not be immediate. Consistent application over a period of 1-2 months is necessary to see noticeable results.
Almond Oil for Eyelashes: FAQs
1. Can You Use Almond Oil on Eyelashes?
Yes, almond oil can indeed be used on eyelashes due to its gentle composition. However, always remember that, like with any product applied to the skin or hair, individuals should consider their personal allergies and sensitivities.
2. Is Sweet Almond Oil Good for Eyelashes?
Yes, sweet almond oil is indeed beneficial for eyelashes. This nutrient-dense oil is packed with vitamins A, B, and E, along with essential fatty acids that play a vital role in promoting lash health. Regular application of sweet almond oil adds shine and luster to your lashes.
Find out Does Olive Oil Help Eyelashes Grow here