Instead of visiting salons to remove permanent or semi-permanent hair dyes, try dawn dish soap to remove hair dye at home inexpensively!
If you’re disappointed with the outcome of hair dyeing and want to remove it without a salon treatment, dawn is your best friend. Learn how to use Dawn Dish Soap to Remove Hair Dye below!
Learn how to remove permanent hair dye here
What Is Dawn Dish Soap?
Dawn dish soap is an on-the-go dishwashing solution launched by Procter & Gamble. This dish soap is known for its grease-cutting power and ability to remove stubborn food residues from dishes. But, due to its powerful degreasing abilities, dawn has many uses beyond dishwashing that are mentioned below.
Dawn Dish Soap to Remove Hair Dye | Removing Hair Dye With Dish Soap
Will Dawn Remove Hair Dye? Dawn dish soap can’t remove hair dye but can fade its appearance up to 1-2 shades. According to an authoritative source, it lightens your dyed and chemically treated strands. Dawn dish soap works like mild bleach, converting your darker shades into lighter tones. But this method works when used right after the hair-dyeing process. Try the below how-to of dawn dish soap to remove hair dye.
- 5-6 Drops of Dawn Dish Soap
- Quarter-sized Amount of Shampoo
- Mixing Bowl
- Pour 5-6 drops of dawn dish soap with a quarter-sized amount of shampoo and mix them well.
- First, wet your hair, then apply this mixture all over your strands.
- Make sure to lather for at least a couple of minutes.
- Once it’s done, wash your strands thoroughly with lots of water.
- Repeat this method once daily for 2-3 days to notice the desired results.
- Don’t use the above hack more than once a day, as dawn is hard enough to make your strands and scalp dry.
- After trying the above remedy, massage your hair and scalp with a sufficient amount of jojoba/coconut/olive oil, as dawn is a harsh product.
- Don’t let the mix get into your eyes. If it happens, then rinse your eyes with lots of water and call your doctor for further assistance.
Other Uses of Dawn Dish Soap
Besides removing hair dye, dawn dish soap has a plenitude of uses that make your daily activities much easier.
1. Excellent for Greasy Hair – Dawn dish soap is the perfect way to clean your greasy hair when your shampoo fails to do so. Take a small amount of dawn and apply it all over your hair. Then, wash as usual.
2. Unclogs the Toilet – It sounds absurd, but dawn can unclog your toilet. Just squirt around 4-5 tbsp of dawn dish soap into the bowl. Leave it for 5-10 minutes, then flush it out with hot water.
3. Multipurpose Cleaner – Besides shining the dirty dishes, dawn dish soap is an excellent multipurpose cleaner. It can be used to clean ceramic tile, window glass, and no-wax/linoleum floors.
4. Hairbrush and Comb Cleaner – Dawn dish soap is all you need to remove dirt, lint, oil, and hair from the combs and hairbrushes. Grab a bottle of dawn, borax, and tepid water to bring back the former glory of these haircare tools.
5. Homemade Ice Packs – To make ice packs, add dawn dish soap to empty freezer bags and place them in the freezer. The best part, you can reuse these ice packs infinite times.
6. Homemade Pet Shampoo – Instead of using store-bought pet shampoo, make a cheap one at home using dawn dish soap and vinegar. The recipe and usage directions are here.
Here are some more dawn dish soap uses