Does dandelion milk get rid of warts? Is it an effective and safe alternative to get rid of warts compared to medical procedures? Find out!
Warts are widespread, especially among children, teenagers, and people with weak immunity. Clinical treatments of warts include surgeries and freezing and subsequently cutting the wart off. However, such procedures can be scary for young children. Dandelions are widely considered as a more viable option. By the end of this article, you will know does dandelion milk gets rid of warts.
What Are Warts?
A wart is a small growth from the skin anywhere in the body. Warts commonly look like a tiny cauliflower or a solidified blister. They are caused by the human papillomavirus (HPV) family of viruses. The various strains of the HPV virus cause warts in different parts of the body. Children and people with weak immunity are more prone to the virus.
The main symptom of warts is a fleshy projection or growth on the skin. The commonly affected areas are hands, feet, genitals, and sometimes the face. Warts are infectious and can spread from one part of the body to another and from an infected person to another (healthy).
Typically warts last from a few weeks to a couple of years, depending on their location. According to a study, even if left untreated, almost 50% of warts disappear within a year, and 70% disappear within two years. But if you have warts in sensitive areas like your face or genitals, or the number and size of warts is unusual, consult your doctor immediately.
Benefits of Dandelion
You might think of dandelions as persistent weeds that keep growing in your gardens and backyard. Native to Europe, dandelions have been used for centuries by people for its herbal and medicinal values. People use the stem, leaves, flower, and root of dandelions as home-made treatments for several health problems. In various parts of the world, dandelions are also eaten.
Dandelions have anti-inflammatory, anti-oxidative, and hydrating properties. They also possess anti-microbial properties, which make them very useful for various skin conditions. Other benefits of the dandelion plant include:
- Reducing cholesterol
- Regulating blood sugar
- Lowering blood pressure
- Helping in weight loss
- Boosting immunity
- Easing digestion
Does Dandelion Milk Get Rid of Warts?
There is a lack of in-depth study and research on whether dandelion milk gets rid of warts. However, there are ample anecdotes from people all over the globe that support this claim. And as clinical treatments are risky, expensive, and time-consuming, people are shifting to treat warts in natural ways instead.
What You Need To Do
- Break off a dandelion from as close to the ground as possible.
- Carefully squeeze the sticky while milk (sap) and apply it to the wart.
- Repeat the process at least twice a day for two weeks.
- If the wart is small enough, you can cover it with an anti-bacterial bandaid to retain the sap.
Dandelion milk can cause mild irritation on your skin. This irritation is said to stimulate your immune system, which then fights warts from within. You should be able to see visible results within two weeks.
- Make sure that you do not use dandelions that have been treated with insecticides or any other chemicals.
- People who suffer from eczema should make sure they are not allergic to dandelions before using them.
- If you are allergic to ragweeds, daisies, marigolds, and other related plants, you should perform a patch test before using dandelion milk.
- Consult your doctor immediately in case you notice signs of bleeding or infection, the wart becomes painful, or its color changes.