Are hickeys spoiling your look? Discover How to Get Rid of a Hickey with a Spoon and regain your flawless skin in no time!
Hickey is a blemish, which is also known as a love bite, kiss mark, or Hickie. It happens when a person bites and sucks on any part of someone’s body intensely. This action breaks numerous small veins under the skin and results in blood clots. Hickey is not painful but can be quite embarrassing for those who are working professionals. The love bite lasts for 7-14 days, but if you want to accelerate this healing period, learn How to Get Rid of a Hickey with a Spoon below.
Find out how to get rid of bruises with toothpaste here
How to Get Rid of a Hickey With a Spoon?
The cold spoon method constricts the blood vessels, thus reducing bruising, bleeding, and swelling. It’s ideal for fresh hickeys. This method works like the cold compress but is more effective as it lets you place targeted pressure on the hickey.
- A Metal Spoon
- Take a clean spoon and put it inside the freezer for about 5-10 minutes.
- Once it’s cold, stand in front of a mirror and locate the love bite area.
- Now, firmly massage the hickey using the spoon from its backside, or just press it on the bruise. Do this for 2-4 minutes or until the spoon becomes warm.
- Take a break for 5 minutes, then reapply this hack. While trying this remedy, you will feel a little tingling sensation, which is normal.
- Repeat this process 3-4 times regularly, and you’ll notice positive results within a day or two.
Can a Cold Spoon Get Rid of a Hickey?
Yes, a cold spoon can minimize the appearance of a love bite. However, its effectiveness may vary due to several factors, including the severity of the hickey and individual healing processes.
How to Get Rid of a Hickey With a Spoon: Safety Precautions to Consider
Follow these safety precautions while reducing the appearance of a love bite with the cold spoon method:
- Avoid excessive force: When applying the spoon to the affected area, don’t press it too hard. Excessive pressure can cause more bruising or damage to the skin.
- Use a clean spoon: Make sure the spoon you’re using is clean to avoid any potential infection.
- Exercise Patience: Instant results are unlikely. It takes time to reduce a hickey’s visibility. Repeat the process several times throughout the day, but allow your skin time to rest between applications.
- Avoid this Remedy on Damaged Skin: This method should not be used if the skin around the hickey is broken or have open cuts to avoid complications.
- Pay attention to skin reactions: If your skin starts to look irritated or begins to develop a rash, stop using the spoon immediately.
- Don’t overdo it: Limit your sessions to a few minutes at a time to avoid causing additional skin irritation or damage. It’s better to have multiple short sessions throughout the day than one long session.
- Check the temperature: If you’re using a cold spoon, make sure it’s not too cold. An excessively cold spoon can cause a cold burn. Always test the spoon on another part of your body before applying it to the hickey.
Other Ways to Get Rid of Hickey
If you want to try other remedies besides the cold spoon one, here are a few:
How to Hide a Hickey?
- Makeup – Select a concealer that closely matches your skin tone to disguise the love bite. Initiate the hickey-hiding process with a green-tinted corrector, followed by a layer of concealer.
- Scarf or clothing – Opt for a scarf or a turtleneck sweater to hide the ugly hickey.
- Hair – If you have long hair, use it to mask the hickey. It’s a free and quickest way to disappear a hickey.
- Band-aid – Get a band-aid and place it on the bruise to vanish the hideous love bite.
- Temporary Tattoos: To shift attention away from the hickey, consider applying a temporary tattoo over it.
When to Contact a Physician?
While a hickey is not a medical emergency, contacting a physician is necessary if or when:
- The love bite causes severe pain or discomfort that persists for an extended period.
- Hickey leads to significant swelling, redness, or inflammation in the affected area.
- A love bite does not show improvement within a week, despite using home remedies.
How to Get Rid of a Hickey With a Spoon: Conclusion
Having a hickey can be a source of embarrassment, particularly for individuals in professional settings. If you’re looking to minimize its appearance, the cold spoon method is best for you.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
1. Do Hickeys Get Worse Overnight?
Hickeys do not typically get worse overnight. Like any bruise, it initially appears red or purple but will fade over time. However, it’s possible that swelling or slight darkening can occur within the first 24 hours. This is due to inflammation caused by the injury.
2. Is It Bad to Have a Hickey?
Having a hickey is generally considered undesirable or inappropriate in many social and professional settings. While it may hold different meanings for different people, a hickey is often seen as a visible sign of intimacy and can be associated with passionate encounters.
Learn how to get rid of bruises with mouthwash here