How to Get Rid of a Hickey With a Coin? Stay tuned with us to know the reason behind this easy and cheap love bite removal home remedy!
A hickey, love bite, or kiss mark happens when your partner kisses and nibbles intensely on any part of the body, leading to damaged blood veins under the skin, resulting in blood clots. This condition is not as painful as it looks, but it could be your worst nightmare because of its bruise-like appearance, which could be unethical if you are a working professional. But don’t fret because here’s, How to Get Rid of a Hickey With a Coin.
What Does a Hickey Look Like?
A hickey typically appears as a reddish or purplish mark on the skin. Initially, it appears as a slightly raised, round, or oval-shaped spot but changes shape during the healing period. The appearance of a hickey can vary depending on the severity. In some cases, it’s barely noticeable, while in others, it can be more prominent. However, with time, the love bite turns darker and more noticeable.
How Long Until Hickeys Go Away?
The duration of a hickey can vary depending on the severity. Typically, a love bite lasts up to one to two weeks. In most cases, it’ll fade within a few days and gradually become lighter in color as it heals. However, you can boost the healing process with some home remedies.
How to Get Rid of a Hickey With a Coin?
You only need a coin and some ice cubes to get rid of the hickey in no time.
- To use this method, you will need a coin (any coin is preferable) and some ice cubes.
- Take some ice cubes and put them on the hickey-affected area until the area gets numb, then rub the coin gently for a few seconds. Repeat the process for a few days until the bruise fades away.
- During this process, you will feel some tingly effect, but don’t worry, this’s normal.
- This procedure works because the ice cubes contract the broken small blood veins. At the same time, the coin improves circulation, which eventually prevents the hickey from becoming worse and eliminates it after a while.
Note- If you have any skin-related issues or sensitive skin, avoid this hack and consult a physician.
Things You Don’t Know About the Hickeys
1. Susceptibility to Hickeys
Some people are more prone to love marks in comparison to others. It can be due to a deficiency of essential nutrients, ailing blood veins, thin blood, or sensitive skin.
2. Love Bites Can Leave Scar
A love bite can give you scars for a long time. However, it’s infrequent and mostly happens with light skin color people. Furthermore, scar longevity also depends on how intense the hickey was given.
3. Skin Irritation and Swelling
Giving a hickey can be an enjoyable and memorable moment for you and your soulmate, but it can cause some problems like skin irritation and swelling. To reduce its effects, you can try the above-discussed solution and apply some topical cream.
Other Ways to Get Rid of Hickeys
If you’re unable to get rid of a hickey with a coin, try the below remedies.
- Toothpaste- Besides making your teeth sparkling clean, toothpaste also eliminates love bites. Learn the hack here.
- Spoon Method- Another cost-effective hickey removal tool is a spoon. Freeze the spoon and press it against the love bite. Read the details here.
- Try Chapstick- You only need chapstick and ice cubes to speed up the hickey’s healing process. This remedy works by contracting the broken veins and improving blood circulation. Get the remedy here.
- Essential Oils- Grab a bottle of essential oil and say goodbye to the love bites. You can use either arnica, rosemary, peppermint, turmeric, lavender, or frankincense essential oils.
Are Hickeys Dangerous?
Love bites are not dangerous but can cause slight pain and discomfort. It looks unpleasant, thus, quite embarrassing for working professionals. However, love bites can cause blood clots or stroke in rare cases.
How to Hide a Hickey Fast?
While the coin remedy will do its work, you can conceal the bruises using the below quick and efficient ways:
- Cover with clothing- Wear a high-necked shirt, turtleneck, scarf, or collared shirt to cover the hickey. If it’s on your arm or leg, wear long sleeves or pants.
- Makeup- Apply a green corrector over the hickey to neutralize the red or purple color. Then, apply a layer of concealer that matches your skin tone and blend it in carefully. Finish with a dusting of powder to set the makeup.
- Use Hairs- If you have a hickey on your neck, hide them with hair. Just wear your hair down or style it to cover the hickey, like a side braid or ponytail.
- Bandaid- Yes, a bandaid is another excellent way to hide a love bite. Choose a bandaid that matches your skin tone and place it over the hickey. However, don’t forget to make up a story.
- Temporary Tattoo- Apply a temporary tattoo that matches the color of your skin to the area around the hickey.
- Body paint- Use body paint in a color that matches your skin tone on the hickey-affected body part.
When to See a Doctor?
Hickeys are generally harmless and will go away on their own. But, it’s recommended to consult an expert physician when:
- The love bites cause significant pain or discomfort.
- The hickey is near the eye, which can lead to vision problems or other complications.
- Hickey is accompanied by other unusual symptoms, such as swelling, skin irritation, and soreness.
- This condition does not heal or show signs of improvement after several days.
- You have a history of blood clotting disorders or are taking blood-thinning medication.
- Experiencing abnormal bruising or bleeding.
- If you have a weakened immune system.